Meet The Board-Certified Nurse Practitioner
Mindy Kimmel, MSN, APRN, FNP-C
Mindy is a Board- Certified Nurse Practitioner with a background in adult intensive care and education.
As an RN at the bedside in the ICU she learned that many patients had co-morbidities that were not managed properly and complications that could be prevented through access to medical care, education, nutrition, and exercise. That realization motivated her to return to NP school.
With each patient she takes a proactive approach, carefully listening to understand their unique needs, collaborating to formulate a care plan, and empowering them through education.
Being raised on a large ranch in the Sandhills of Nebraska instilled a great love of the outdoors. When she is not working, she can be found hiking, at the lake, playing sports, riding horses, or curled up with a good book.
- West Texas A&M University, Bachelor of Science Nursing
- West Texas A&M University, Master of Science Nursing
- Board Certified AANP
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, Member
- Colorado Nurses Association, Member
- Colorado Society of Advanced Practice Nurses, Board of Directors, Program Coordinator
- Sigma Theta Tau, Member