Dr. Chris Gubbels
Dr. Chris Gubbels is an Advanced Certified Chiropractic BioPhysicis practitioner with specialized training in scoliosis, personal injury, and neuropathy. He has an extensive CV with multiple advanced training and certifications in spine biomechanics, scoliosis, neuropathy, and personal injury and trauma. He has additionally presented at multiple scoliosis and spine research conferences, been published in peer-reviewed scientific journals, and is highly regarded as an expert in spine correction, scoliosis, and personal injury by his peers.
Dr. Gubbels suffered a neck injury while wrestling in college. This injury led him down the path of physical therapy, pain medication, and manual therapy, all of which had failed to treat his injury. His wrestling coach referred him to a chiropractor where, after just a few visits, he was able to return to competition. The treatment and recovery that Dr. Gubbels received from the chiropractor inspired him to become a chiropractor himself and become a part of the solution for others that find themselves in similar situations.
Dr. Gubbels is a War Veteran, serving 18 months in Operation Iraqi Freedom between undergraduate and chiropractic school. He completed his undergraduate training at Buena Vista University in Storm Lake, IA, and completed his Doctorate of Chiropractic from Northwestern Health Sciences University in Bloomington, MN. He moved to Fort Collins in 2008 and opened his practice. Over the years he has continued to expand his knowledge and expertise and the practice continued to expand and evolve to where it is today.
Advanced Certifications, Training, and Association Memberships
- Board Certified in Neuropathy by the American College of Physical Medicine
- Advanced Certified Chiropractic BioPhysics Fellowship
- Certified Independent Chiropractic Examiner, certified by the American Board of Independent Medical Examiners. Certified to do impairment ratings with the AMA Guides 5th ED.
- Advanced Certified in Whiplash Biomechanics and Traumatology by the Spine Research Institute of San Diego.
- Completed Certification with Advances in the Management of Traumatic Injuries.
- Scoliosis Masters Course Completion, presented by ISICO
- Certified Scolibrace Provider
- International Society on Scoliosis Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Therapy
- American Board of Independent Medical Examiners
- International Chiropractic Association
- Colorado Chiropractic Association
- Chiropractic BioPhysics Non-profit
Outside of the practice he enjoys spending time in the outdoors camping, skiing, golfing, fishing, and traveling with his family.