Shockwave Therapy in Fort Collins, CO
Is shockwave therapy right for you? (Take the following quiz)
Discover Relief with Shockwave Therapy
Schedule your new patient consultation now.
Take advantage of our limited time offer. Call or schedule online today!
What Is Shockwave Treatment?
Shockwave therapy is a modern, non-invasive treatment option that uses sound waves to target areas with tissue damage, it’s known as tissue regenerative therapy (TRT). The shockwaves in this therapy stimulate the body’s natural healing process, increasing cell and tissue repair in the affected area.
Conditions Treated By Shockwave Therapy
Shockwave treatment is most effective on musculoskeletal issues that have not responded to other treatments. It’s particularly effective in treating joint issues and certain musculoskeletal conditions. With that in mind, the following are the conditions that are best treated by our SoftWave Therapy:
- Shoulder Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Knee Pain
- Back Pain
- Tennis Elbow
- Overuse Injuries
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Shin Splints
- Scar Tissue
- Carpal Tunnel
- Joint Pain
- Muscle Sprains
- Neck Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Pelvic Floor Weakness
How Shockwave Treatment Works
Shockwave therapy works by sending high-intensity sound waves into the affected area. These sound waves help to address issues in the affected area by doing the following:
- Decreases pain by increasing blood flow and reducing inflammation.
- Recycles older and damaged cells.
- Helps break up tissue adhesion by creating pressure in the affected area.
- Stimulates tissue regeneration by turning on your body’s own cellular healing process.
Introducing SoftWave Technology
SoftWave technology is a cutting-edge form of shockwave therapy that sets itself apart from other shockwave devices due to its innovative approach. It’s designed to penetrate deeper into the body to target areas of pain using patented electrohydraulic acoustic waves. It works by creating acoustic waves using a high-energy electrical discharge in water. This electrical discharge results in a hot plasma bubble that explodes in all directions, thereby compressing the surrounding water and generating a pressure that’s great enough to release SoftWave energy. This energy (in the form of high-intensity, unfocused acoustic waves) is applied using various patented reflector types, leading to a wider and deeper treatment area.
SoftWave technology is an FDA-approved technology that has no negative side effects. It’s also the only unfocused shockwave device (meaning it doesn’t have to be focused on an individual spot to target a specific area) on the market.
Benefits Of SoftWave Technology
SoftWave technology offers countless benefits. The following are some of the most noteworthy:
- Treats Root Cause Of Pain: The unfocused nature of SoftWave allows it to penetrate deeper and target the root cause of pain, which is often not addressed with conventional treatments that tend to focus on the pain symptoms instead of underlying causes.
- Restores Mobility: The increased circulation that SoftWave treatment provides helps to reduce inflammation and restore mobility, making it a great option for those suffering from chronic pain or stiffness.
- Reduces Pain And Inflammation: The increased circulation that SoftWave promotes helps minimize localized pain and inflammation, which can often be debilitating for those with chronic pain. SoftWave treatment also helps stimulate nerve endings, recalibrating their perception of pain and providing long-term relief.
- Promotes Long-Term Healing: SoftWave helps promote healing by stimulating the release of exosomes which are signaling cells. Excoxomes stimulate cellular response that helps tissue repair and regenerate. This can lead to long-term relief and improved quality of life.
- Short Treatment Sessions: Since SoftWave treatments are non-invasive, they can be completed in as little as 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the treatment area and the patient’s diagnosis.
- Antibacterial Effect: Recent studies have suggested that SoftWave therapy can also provide an anti-bacterial effect, which can help reduce the risk of infection in injured or compromised tissue. According to one study, the elevation of energy and impulse number significantly increases bacterial killing.
- Drug and Surgery-Free: SoftWave treatments are a drug-free and surgery-free option. This makes it an ideal treatment option for those who wish to avoid the risks associated with medications and procedures.
- Improves Blood Flow And Circulation: The increased circulation that SoftWave treatments promote helps to improve blood flow and oxygenation of the affected area, leading to quicker healing times.
Who Qualifies For Softwave Therapy?
SoftWave therapy has been proven to be safe time and time again. As such, almost anyone can safely undergo SoftWave treatment. However, there are a few exceptions. For example, patients who suffer from cancer, are pregnant, or have a pacemaker should avoid shockwave therapy of any kind. As long as you are transparent about any medical conditions you have, we can determine whether SoftWave therapy is a safe and viable option for you.
How We Administer Softwave Therapy
The first step is to apply a gel to the affected area. This gel is not a numbing agent; it’s merely a medium that allows the energy to pass through. No numbing agent or anesthetic of any kind is needed. From there, we will apply a SoftWave TRT applicator by moving it in circles over the affected area for several minutes. Doing so will help spread the energy created by the device evenly over the treatment area.
We may need to pass it over the same area multiple times, depending on your specific condition and level of pain. The entire process is non-invasive, so you shouldn’t experience any pain or discomfort during the treatment. At the very most, you might feel some mild discomfort or soreness after treatment has been completed, but this should go away within a few hours.
SoftWave Treatment Outcomes
Many SoftWave therapy patients have reported significant improvements after just one session of SoftWave treatment, with most seeing further improvement after subsequent sessions. In fact, SoftWave therapy has been shown to reduce pain by upwards of 60 to 90 percent after just one treatment.
Additionally, a significant number of patients reported an increased range of motion and mobility in the affected area. The success rate of SoftWave treatment has led to many doctors offering it as a first-line treatment option for chronic pain conditions like tendonitis, arthritis, and injuries like fractures that have not healed properly. It’s even become widely adopted by professional sports organizations to help athletes recover more quickly from injuries.
Manage Your Pain With SoftWave
SoftWave tissue regenerative technology is a safe and effective way to manage persistent pain. At Square One Health, our specialists are dedicated to helping you find the relief you need from chronic pain. Our state-of-the-art treatment plan includes SoftWave technology, which can provide an unbeatable combination of long-term healing with short treatment sessions. If you’re looking for a way to manage your pain without resorting to drugs or surgery, SoftWave tissue regenerative technology may be the perfect choice for you. Softwave therapy is now available at our clinic in Fort Collins, CO. Consult with us today!
What is the success rate of SoftWave Therapy?
SoftWave therapy has been reported to reduce pain by 60 to 90 percent after just one treatment for many patients. It also improves range of motion and mobility, and is increasingly used as a primary treatment for chronic pain conditions and certain injuries.
How long does a SoftWave Therapy session last?
SoftWave therapy sessions are quick and non-invasive, typically lasting only 10 to 15 minutes depending on the treatment area and the patient’s specific diagnosis.
Can SoftWave Therapy be used as a treatment for sports injuries?
Yes, SoftWave therapy is widely adopted by professional sports organizations to help athletes recover more quickly from injuries due to its effectiveness in treating pain and promoting healing in musculoskeletal conditions.
Are there any side effects associated with Shockwave or SoftWave Therapy?
SoftWave technology is FDA-approved and has no negative side effects, making it a safe option for pain management and tissue regeneration.
Is any preparation required before undergoing SoftWave Therapy?
No special preparation is needed before a SoftWave therapy session. Patients should be transparent about their medical history to ensure the treatment is safe for them.
How can I know if SoftWave Therapy is the right treatment for me?
Consultation with a specialist is the best way to determine if SoftWave therapy is suitable for your condition. It is important to discuss any medical conditions you have to ensure the safety and effectiveness of the treatment.
Reach out to us for any questions you might have!