Back Pain in Fort Collins, CO
Is our back pain treatment right for you? (Take the following quiz)
Comprehensive Back Pain Relief
Schedule your new patient consultation now.
Take advantage of our limited time offer. Call or schedule online today!
Signs and Conditions
Back pain can manifest in a variety of ways, and understanding the signs and symptoms is crucial for effective treatment. Whether it’s short-term pain that lasts a few days to a few weeks, or chronic pain persisting for 12 weeks or longer, it’s important to seek professional help. Some common symptoms of back pain include:
- Muscle Ache: A dull, constant ache in the lower back.
- Shooting or Stabbing Pain: Pain that extends down your leg to below the knee, which can be sharp or stabbing.
- Limited Flexibility or Range of Motion: Difficulty standing straight or being able to flex the back.
- Pain that Worsens with Certain Activities: Such as lifting, bending, standing, or walking.
- Pain that Improves with Reclining: Some find relief when lying down or reclining.
Causes of Back Pain
- Abnormal Spinal Alignment: Loss of normal spinal alignment, viewed from the side or front, can lead to low back pain.
- Abnormal Movement of the Spine: Either too much or too little motion in the joints can cause issues like disc degeneration, arthritis, and pain.
- Short Leg: A significant difference in leg length can lead to back pain.
- Disc Herniation or Bulge: These can impinge nerves, leading to pain, numbness, and tingling.
- Degeneration and Arthritis: Excessive loss of disc height and arthritic changes can cause pain.
- Lower Cross Syndrome: Involves tight hip flexors and lumbar spinal muscles, leading to low back pain.
- Being Overweight: Excessive weight, especially in the abdominal area, adds stress to the lower spine.
Our Treatment Approach
At our clinic in Fort Collins, we understand that each individual is unique, and so is their back pain. Our approach is comprehensive, tailored, and aimed at addressing the root cause of the pain, not just masking the symptoms.
Our team of healthcare professionals, including medical providers and chiropractors certified in Chiropractic BioPhysics, conduct a detailed consultation and exam. Advanced diagnostic tests, such as digital posture evaluation, digital range of motion test, x-rays, or MRI, may be ordered to determine the underlying cause of your back pain.
Tailored Treatment Plans
Based on the evaluation, we customize a multimodal rehabilitation program to fit your needs, which may include:
- Gentle Chiropractic Adjustments: To restore normal joint motion and function.
- Physical Therapy: To improve mobility, correct posture, and increase strength and stability.
- Corrective Traction: Using specialized equipment to mold the spine back to its normal alignment.
- Spinal Decompression Therapy: To hydrate degenerated discs and reduce herniations.
- Trigger Point Injection: To relax muscle knots and provide pain relief.
- Back Braces: For support and preventive care.
Choosing Square One Health for your back pain treatment ensures you receive comprehensive care tailored to your specific needs. Our team approach ensures the most effective non-surgical and non-drug treatments are available to you.
Don’t let back pain control your life. Contact us today at (970) 286-7793 or click here for a free consultation. Discover how we can help you get back to living a pain-free life.
What causes back pain?
Back pain can be caused by various factors including abnormal spinal alignment, abnormal movement of the spine, disc herniation, degeneration, lower cross syndrome, and being overweight.
How do you approach back pain treatment?
We offer a comprehensive and tailored approach, including a detailed evaluation, advanced diagnostic tests, and a customized multimodal rehabilitation program.
What treatments are available at your Fort Collins clinic?
Treatments include gentle chiropractic adjustments, therapeutic exercises, corrective traction, spinal decompression therapy, trigger point injection, and back braces.
Is back pain common?
Yes, back pain is the number one musculoskeletal complaint worldwide and a leading cause of disability.
Can back pain be treated without surgery or drugs?
Yes, we specialize in non-surgical and non-drug treatments for back pain.
How can I get started with my back pain treatment?
You can start by contacting us at (970) 286-7793 or scheduling a free consultation through our website.
Reach out to us for any questions you might have!