Shoulder Pain Treatment in Fort Collins, CO
Is our shoulder pain treatment right for you? (Take the following quiz)
Discover Shoulder Pain Relief
Schedule your new patient consultation now.
Take advantage of our limited time offer. Call or schedule online today!
Signs and Conditions
Shoulder pain can present itself in numerous ways, each indicating a potential underlying issue. Recognizing these signs is the first step toward effective treatment.
Symptoms of Shoulder Pain May Include:
- Persistent Ache: A continuous dull pain that may worsen at night or during specific movements.
- Sharp Pain: Sudden, intense pain, often indicating an injury like a tear or a fracture.
- Stiffness: Difficulty in moving the shoulder, which could be a sign of frozen shoulder or arthritis.
- Swelling and Tenderness: Often a response to injury or inflammation within the joint.
- Weakness: A loss of strength in the shoulder, possibly due to a muscular or nerve issue.
- Limited Range of Motion: Inability to move the shoulder through its full range, which may be due to a variety of conditions.
- Clicking or Popping Sounds: These could indicate a torn labrum or other structural issues within the shoulder joint.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
- Tendonitis: Inflammation of the tendons, often due to overuse or repetitive motion.
- Impingement Syndrome: Occurs when the shoulder blade puts pressure on the underlying soft tissues when the arm is lifted.
- Frozen Shoulder: Characterized by stiffness and pain due to the tightening of the joint capsule.
- Rotator Cuff Tear: A rip in the tissues connecting muscle to bone, affecting shoulder stability and function.
- Labral Tear: Damage to the cartilage cuff that surrounds the shoulder socket, leading to pain and a sensation of instability.
- Arthritis: Wear and tear of the joint, leading to pain, swelling, and decreased mobility.
- Fractures: Broken bones within the shoulder can cause severe pain and require immediate attention.
- Dislocation: The ball of the shoulder joint comes out of the socket, causing intense pain and immobility.
Shoulder pain can manifest in various forms, each with its unique causes and symptoms. At our clinic in Fort Collins, we commonly see:
- Degenerative Conditions: Such as rotator cuff tears, tendon degeneration, or arthritis.
- Traumatic Injuries: Resulting from fractures or severe rotator cuff tears.
- Post-Traumatic Pain: Stemming from accidents or car crashes.
Conditions like Upper Cross Syndrome, osteoarthritis, and whiplash injuries are intricately linked to shoulder pain. Our team is adept at identifying these conditions and their contribution to your discomfort.
Our Treatment Approach
Our approach to treating shoulder pain is as unique as the anatomy of your shoulder. We begin with a detailed health history and a comprehensive physical examination. Utilizing advanced diagnostic tools like ultrasound and MRI imaging, we pinpoint the root cause of your pain.
Our treatment includes:
Joint Injections: Regenerative medicine to decrease pain and rebuild and repair damaged tissue.
Shockwave Therapy: To decrease pain, remove scar tissue, and repair damaged tissue.
Chiropractic Care: To restore normal joint motion and correct spinal alignment issues that could be affecting the shoulder.
Physical Therapy: To increase mobility, strength, and stability.
Choosing us means opting for a life free from the limitations of shoulder pain. Our treatments are not just about pain relief; they are about restoring function and preventing future injuries. With our expert team, state-of-the-art techniques, and a commitment to your health, we invite you to experience the Square One difference. Don’t let shoulder pain hold you back—contact us today for an initial consultation and take the first step towards a pain-free life.
What are the most common causes of shoulder pain?
Tendonitis, impingement syndrome, frozen shoulder, torn labrum, pinched nerves, abnormal spinal alignment, and arthritis are frequent culprits.
How do you diagnose shoulder pain?
Through detailed health history, physical exams, and diagnostic imaging like ultrasounds and X-rays, we ensure an accurate diagnosis.
What unique treatments are offered for shoulder pain?
We provide CBP®, chiropractic care, joint injections, physical therapy, and joint injections, among others.
What if I need an orthopedic specialist?
If your condition requires specialized care, we will refer you to a select list of esteemed providers.
Can shoulder pain be treated without surgery?
Yes, many shoulder conditions can be effectively treated with our non-surgical approaches.
What can I expect during my first visit for shoulder pain?
Expect a thorough consultation where we discuss your symptoms, conduct an examination, and outline a personalized treatment plan.
Reach out to us for any questions you might have!